Let me first explain by saying I will shop your thrift store and consignment shop with no issues. I have absolutely no problem turning someone else’s trash into my own personal treasure. However, I have never really bought something from someone else online and had to meet them to pick it up Craigslist style.
I recently discovered the Close5* app (available on iTunes and Google Play) where you buy and sell locally and that’s exactly what I had to do. It was a little scary at first but when I completed my purchase and scored some pretty dope accessories like the one featured in this look for the low low, I realized that I may be missing out on an entire re-sale market.
A few rules that I would advise you to follow when you start using the app (because you will) are:
- Always meet in a busy location like a grocery store, bank or shopping mall.
- Never have someone meet you at your personal home address and vice versa.
- Make sure that the profile picture matches the person that you are meeting.
- Meet during daylight hours.
- Don’t carry a lot of extra cash and valuables with you to the meeting location.
- Watch your surroundings.
- If you feel really freaked out, have someone else go with you.
Other than the obvious safety concerns, this is a really good way to get some great items at an even better price. I’m always down for the deal!
*This is a sponsored post; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Get the Look:
H&M Top – Similar here
Native Youth Wide Leg Pants – Sold here
Zara Sunglasses – No Longer Available
“Dani” Mini Handbag c/o To’sha – Sold here
Necklace – Similar here
Photography by: The Werk! Place