|Photography: J. Shotti|
Rental subscriptions are the way to go if:
- You’re unsure about your personal style and want the option to try out different styles without breaking the bank. Rent The Runway has in-store stylists to help you identify the right pieces for your body type.
- You like to try things before you buy them to see if you really need that item or if the high dissipates after the first wear.
- You don’t have much closet space and being able to rent and return helps to keep your closet clutter to a minimum.
- You’re a socialite with an extensive events calendar.
- You like the added incentive to keep what you’re renting by purchasing the item at a discounted price.
- You can only rent three pieces at a time on rotation (including accessories). You can keep the pieces for as long or as short as you want. For instance, I can rent one dress for two months and swap out the other two pieces every week, if I wanted.
- There are a few products that are not eligible for the Unlimited Subscription. So, there may be items that are available for the standard 4 or 8-Day rental that aren’t available for the Unlimited Program.
- Rent the higher price point pieces just to keep variety in your closet or for special occasions.
- There are a few pieces that have a lower price point. If you like them, it would probably be financially smarter to just buy the item instead of continuing to rent it on a monthly basis.
I’ll likely do a Tiff Talks on my experience with the Rent The Runway Unlimited Program just so that I can answer your questions in real time. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to leave them in the comments.