If you’ve been struggling with finding things to do during quarantine. Get into the five things have been holding my attention during this time.
Because books are life! I’ve literally been talking about this since the beginning of the year. I’ve been getting my fictional fix lately. Shout out to the Werkers for giving me some bomb book recommendations. The books that I would like to finish before they re-open outside are here on my Amazon Page. I’ve already finished Get A Life, Chloe Brown and An American Marriage. I started Things In Jars and it got a little weird. So, I’ll table that one for now and get into More Than Enough by Elaine Welteroth.
I have a master reading list here with over 40 dope book recommendations but I’m pacing myself with the six listed in the COVID-19 Reading List. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time! That is, if eating elephants is your thing.
2. Producing More Video Content for My Youtube Channel
One of my goals for 2020 was to create more video content! I’m finally holding myself accountable to get it done. I’ve been consistently producing one new Youtube video per week featuring anything from my home repair post Floodgate 2019 to DIY nail art that you can do right now from the comforts of your home. A new video goes live on my channel every Wednesday! Be sure to SUBSCRIBE HERE to get involved.
3. Watching ALL of the TV
I have never watched so much TV in my life! I am finally catching up on all of the popular shows like Narcos, All American, and Insecure. I’ve, also, watched a few movies:
- Uncorked which was very good! The acting from the main character Elijah played by Mamoudou Athie was on the dry side but, bay-bee, Courtney B. Vance did not come to play in his role as the father. I just realized that he may be one of the most slept on actors of our time. That man delivert, ok?!
- All the Bright Places had me BALLING. Don’t judge me. I was literally caught off guard by what happened. To be completely honest, the movie was just ok. I’m pretty sure that the book tells a more complete story. However, I’m not sure if I’m up for that emotional rollercoaster.
- The Platform was intense. I was not sufficiently prepared for what was happening in the movie. Like, on a basic level, I understood it but once it was over I had to read a few think pieces to decipher the ending. Even then, I’m still not sure if I get it.
- Parasite was actually similar to The Platform in terms of dealing with differences in class. Parasite started off kind of hokey but then things turned up real quick. Again, at the end, I had to do a little research to really understand what I just watched.
4. Plotting and Planning
I made a promise to myself to go through my ever growing to-do list to prioritize things and get them done! This is one of my top things to do during quarantine. I want to responsibly be in and of the streets when they open back up. So, I want to handle business now.
Of course, when I’m not feeling it. I rest, watch TV or read. I allow myself the space to just survive. This is, also, high on my list of things to do during quarantine. Just make it.
5. Getting Outside To Run
Listen, New York was not built for people to stay inside all day. I do it because it’s the right thing to do to prevent the spread of COVID-19. However, I do make sure to get outside and get some well-distanced fresh air and exercise. I’m working my way up to hitting a run 5 times a week.
Listen, when the outside re-opens I want to be in prime condition to be in and of the streets. I’ll never take them for granted ever again.
Give us some more ideas of things to do during quarantine. What have you been doing lately?
Get The Look
H&M Trench Cape – Similar here
H&M Lace-Up Tee – Similar here and here
Midi Skirt with Tie c/o ASOS – Sold here
L.A.M.B. Tie-Up Sandals – No Longer Available
Chloe Nile Minaudière Leather Bag – Similar here
Rejina Pyo Leopard Olive Sunglasses – Sold here
Photography: Marta Skovro